Ecessa Announces Major SD-WAN Feature Upgrade Plan, Guarantees Deployments
Posted by Tina Plant on December 20, 2018 11:41 am
2019 firmware revision plans include enhanced security, routing and cloud functionality
Minneapolis, MN – December 20, 2018: ECESSA Corporation announced today plans for significant enhancements to its SD-WAN feature set to be included in 2019 firmware releases available to all Ecessa customers. The company has also reinforced its guarantee to provide 100% successful guided deployments for all customers.
"Other vendors focus on their portals or demos – Ecessa focuses on guaranteeing successful deployments, regardless of the environment,” said Mike Siegler, CEO of Ecessa Corporation. “We take time to discover our customers’ needs, the inner workings of their networks and what success looks like for them. We then use a guided deployment process, whether for a new installation or an upgrade, that walks the customer through each step. We go the extra mile to make our customers successful, whatever they need. You won’t get this level of attention from any other SD-WAN vendor.”
2019 SD-WAN Feature Roadmap
- Full router functionality through the addition of BGP and Multicast features
- Enhanced security with Layer 7 next generation firewall with IDS and IPS capabilities
- Native cloud-based SD-WAN instances for Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure, in addition to the product’s current VMware ESXi capabilities
- Improved application awareness with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
Siegler continued, “In addition to guaranteeing success for our customers today, we are also constantly adding features and capabilities to meet their future needs. The 2019 roadmap is a result of customer requests, industry advances and competitive assessment. We are investing to meet the expanding needs of our customers.”
Full details about Ecessa’s firmware enhancements, including other features, improvements, changes, fixes, security enhancements, known issues and work arounds is available upon release at: http://releases.ecessa.com.
Ecessa customers with current SLA contracts can upgrade to new firmware releases for free. Instructions can be found on the Ecessa support portal at support.ecessa.com.
About Ecessa Corporation
Ecessa Corporation, recognized by Gartner as a vendor of note, manufactures and distributes software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) solutions for business. Since 2002, the company has deployed over 10,000 field installations of Ecessa Edge™, PowerLink™ and WANworX™ controllers and enabled organizations of all sizes to reliably run Internet and cloud-based applications, connect offices worldwide and distribute traffic among a fabric of multiple, diverse ISP links, ensuring business continuity by removing bottlenecks and eliminating network downtime. These capabilities optimize Never Down™ performance of business-critical applications, aid in lowering IT costs and make it easier to provision, maintain and support business networks and the applications that run over them. For more information about Ecessa and its SD-WAN products, visit www.ecessa.com.
SD-WAN Quick Facts
- The SD-WAN market is projected to reach $4.5 billion in 2022, according to International Data Corporation’s (IDC) latest SD-WAN Infrastructure Forecast.
- Gartner projects that by year-end 2023, over 90% of WAN edge infrastructure refresh initiatives will be based on SD-WAN solutions or virtualized customer premises equipment (vCPE) platforms.